Enormous Benefits of Strawberries to Enrich Your Health Entirely
Strawberries constitute to be the most refreshing and tasty fruits amongst all the fruits. Apart from the enticing taste, there are various benefits of strawberries for your skin and health.
- Strawberries have more than 600 varieties, and they constitute to be on the list of top 10 nutritious fruits and vegetables.
- The characteristic feature of strawberries is the seeded outer coat, heart shape, red color, and green leafy cap.
- There are various strawberry benefits. With the increase in the fruit intake, the risk of cardiac problems, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. will go down considerably.
- The regular intake of fruits and vegetables will aid in making the skin and hair healthy.
- Both the fresh as well as the frozen varieties are loaded with various health benefits.
- Strawberries are not true fruits, as the seeds are towards the outside.
- The strawberry plants are runners and belong the family of roses.
Strawberry Fruit-The Miracle Fruit:
- Strawberries are juicy and tasty.
- The scientific name of strawberries is Fragaria.
- They grow in bushes and are a garden fruit.
- They constitute to be one of the most delicious fruits all over the world.
- Strawberries can be considered to be a super food, owing to the rich strawberry nutrition.
- They are rich in Vitamin C, antioxidants, etc.
- They find extensive use in desserts, jams, ice cream, jellies, syrups, confections, squashes, chocolates, medicines, etc.
- They have a unique flavor. The rich color and taste make them the favorite by one and all.
- The diverse health benefits of strawberries are as follows:
- Improvement in eye care.
- Proper functioning of the brain.
- Relief from elevated levels of blood pressure.
- Treating Gout.
- Treating Arthritis.
- Maintaining the Cardiovascular health.
- Reducing skin irritation.
Nutritional Value Of Strawberries:
Strawberries are a rich source of antioxidants and polyphenolic compounds, which make them a crucial component for improvement of the body’s defense mechanism, protection against cancers, protecting skin against damage, etc. Apart from antioxidants, strawberry nutrition involves Vitamins, minerals, nutrients, fiber, anthocyanins, kaempferol, ellagic acid, quercetin, etc.
The remarkable benefits of strawberries can be endowed due to the rich nutritional value, in 1 cup of fresh strawberries, as follows:
- Protein- 1 gram
- Carbohydrates- 11.75 gm
- Dietary fiber- 3.81 gm
- Calories in strawberry – 50
- Calcium- 23.2 mg
- Iron- 0.73 mg
- Magnesium- 7.70 mg
- Phosphorus- 31.5 mg
- Potassium- 55.82 mg
- Selenium- 1.17 mg
- Vitamin C- 95.12 mg
- Vitamin A- 39.38 IU
- Folate- 29.38 µg
Health Benefits Of Strawberries:
There are many strawberry health benefits, owing to the rich nutritional value, as follows:
- The main reason for various eye problems is the presence of free radicals in the body.
- Deficiency of certain nutrients in the body will lead to complications in the eyes.
- Strawberries have the natural capability to eliminate the free radicals in the body.
- Thus, the regular intake of strawberries will protect the eyes from excessive drying, degeneration of the nerves in the eyes, defects in the vision, macular degeneration, susceptibility to eye infections, etc.
- One of the most striking benefits of strawberries is to fix the ocular pressure of the eyes.
Maintenance Of Body’s Immune System:
- The body’s defense mechanism will act as the first system to fight infectious diseases, the action of microbes, various dangerous health issues, etc.
- Strawberries are a rich source of Vitamin C, which acts as a great booster to the body’s defense mechanism.
- Vitamin C helps in fighting common cold and viral flu.
- One of the best strawberry benefits for health is to fight against infections and thus provide ample protection to the body.
- The byproducts which are produced in the body through cellular metabolic reactions are harmful.
- Stimulation of the white blood cells in the body will facilitate the neutralization of the harmful free radicals.
Arthritis And Gout Prevention:
- Arthritis and Gout are very irritating and weakening diseases, which give unbearable pain to the patients suffering from them.
- The main cause for Arthritis and Gout is the presence of harmful and toxic byproducts in the body.
- Free radicals will dry up the fluid present in between the joints, degenerate the muscles and body tissues, increase the quantity of uric acid in the bloodstream, etc.
- Being a rich source of antioxidants, the benefits of strawberry for health are detoxification.
- Strawberries act as excellent anti-inflammatory agents, to ease the pain associated with the diseases.
- The rich strawberry vitamins, antioxidants, and flavonoids help in making it have natural anti-carcinogenic properties.
- All the vital nutrients of strawberries act as the body’s first line of defense mechanism, to fight against the cancer cells, tumors, cysts, etc.
Proper Functioning Of The Brain:
- One of the best benefits of strawberries is to avoid the conditions of weak memory.
- Memory loss is a very common problem in people who are aging, as they tend to lose control over certain muscles.
- The presence of free radicals in the body affects the brain as well as the nervous system, by damaging the brain tissues.
- The regular intake of strawberries will facilitate the proper brain functioning, as it is rich in Iodine and Potassium.
- Strawberries can be considered to be the best “brain food.”
- It is a very good idea to incorporate strawberries for health in your diet.
- Strawberries help in the improvement of the cognitive functioning of the brain by the increase in the flow of blood to the brain.
Elevated Levels Of Blood Pressure:
- Being a rich source of Potassium and Magnesium, the benefits of strawberries are innumerable.
- It has been found that strawberries help in the reduction of hypertension, thereby facilitate in lowering the levels of blood pressure.
- The rigidity of the blood vessels and the arteries will be reduced and flow of blood will be appropriate.
- Proper blood flow to all the organs will facilitate in keeping their functioning strong.
- Thus, one of the best strawberry benefits for health is to help in keeping your heart-healthy.
Protection Against Cardiac Problems:
- The rich fiber in strawberries, folate, antioxidants, phytochemicals, Vitamin C, etc. are good for the heart life.
- The nutrients in strawberries will help in keeping the Cholesterol levels low, thereby promoting the proper cardiac functioning.
- The cardiac muscles will be strengthened to a considerable extent by the regular intake of strawberries.
- One of the best benefits of strawberries is to promote healthy skin.
- Nutrient value of strawberry shows that they are rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients, beneficial for the skin.
- Strawberries have the natural capability to fight free radicals.
- The benefits of strawberry for skin are innumerable, owing to the wide range of Vitamins and minerals.
Promote Healthy Weight Loss:
- The fiber in strawberries helps in keeping the appetite down, as you will feel full.
- The various nutrients in strawberries will help in the stimulation of the body metabolisms and thereby condense the appetite.
- Being rich in vitamins, minerals, etc. there are many benefits of strawberries.
Reduce Birth Defects:
- Folate intake is essential for women, especially during pregnancy.
- Strawberry benefits the women during the stages of pregnancy, especially the 1st trimester, by proper brain development.
- Birth defects such as Spina bifida can be prevented by the frequent consumption of strawberries.
- The improper quantity of folic acid in the body during the early stages of pregnancy will lead to improper development of the brain and the spinal.
- So, add some diced fruits to your salad and enjoy the various benefits of strawberries.
Reduction In Inflammation:
- There are various benefits of strawberries for health.
- Strawberries have natural anti-inflammatory properties, as they are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals.
Reduces Skin Blemishes:
- There are various benefits for the skin owing to the presence of antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- It has been found that the regular intake of strawberry for skin will help in reducing age spots, blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines, etc.
- On topical application, strawberries act as excellent exfoliates, by removing the dead skin cells, dirt, etc.
- Strawberries will help in the increase in the production of Collagen, which plays a key role in maintaining the elasticity of the skin.
- The benefits of strawberries for a healthy and younger-looking skin are because they act as an excellent shield against the harsh ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Might Help Women With PCOS
Strawberries are fruits that are low in calories, low in carbohydrates and particularly, those which can reduce sweet tooth cravings! These attributes can help in the prevention of a sudden weight gain which is one of the common symptoms of PCOS. However, not all women with PCOS gain weight.
Strawberries are also rich in antioxidants which make them the best immunity boosters! You can refer to these natural home remedies for PCOS which help you get rid of the disorder just in 4 months!
Strawberry For Health:
- Strawberries for health are a great ingredient for many recipes.
- They are readily available in the fresh as well as the frozen form.
- You can find strawberries in jellies, jams, syrups, fruit spreads, etc.
- The rich nutritional content of strawberries is responsible for the wide spectrum of strawberry health benefits.
- You can conveniently add some diced strawberries into the vegetable or fruit salad.
- Strawberries play a crucial role in the decoration of the desserts, act as great toppings, etc.
- Strawberries find extensive use in fruit cocktails, along with pineapples, grapes, etc.
- You can augment the flavor of a regular salad with some fresh strawberries and honey.
- Strawberry Vitamins make it an essential ingredient for smoothies, milkshakes, along with plain yogurt, etc.
- Whole-grain waffles, oatmeal, pancakes, etc. taste amazing with strawberries.
- Strawberries are also used extensively in muffins, bread, cakes, pastries, etc.
- On account of low calories in strawberries, they act as a great afternoon snack.
- People who are looking at weight management must incorporate strawberries in the breakfast, as it will keep you satisfied and full.
- One of the most striking features of strawberries is that they will be readily absorbed in the blood after consumption.
- Within just a few weeks of incorporating strawberries in the diet, you can find a great difference in the overall health.
Strawberries constitute to be one of the most delicious fruits. They taste sweet, with a slightly tangy flavor, preferred by one and all. So, relish the yummy treats and enjoy the various benefits of strawberries for yourself today!