Tips And Facts For Beginners To Follow For Safe Cardio Exercising
You may have heard about cardio exercises and may also have taken it up at home but may not know about the ways to do it safely and effectively. Here is a list of safe cardio training tips.
To start with, cardio exercise, which is also known as “aerobics,” is not only a form of exercise that helps you to lose weight. The primary purpose of cardio workouts is to increase respiration and heart rate. It helps in proper circulation of blood and delivers oxygen to your body to provide you with the required energy to complete any given activity.
It helps in putting appropriate stress on your cardio-respiratory system to ensure all critical organs of your body are strengthened and stimulated. The overload must be progressive and must be measured by maximum oxygen consumption or VO2 Max. This is the maximum amount of oxygen your body can take, deliver, and process in a minute.
It is the regulation of the stress in your circulatory system and lungs that will limit the oxygenated blood. VO2 Max is estimated to decrease by one percent every year and determines the rate of your aging.
Facts to know
You can do cardio exercises with or without stationary equipment. Few cardio workouts without any equipment include:
- Brisk walking on level surfaces
- Swimming and
- Playing tennis, badminton, and volleyball.
Cardio exercise is added to any workout schedule as it improves the function of the heart and use of oxygen.
About the benefits
The benefits of it include:
- Decreases chances of heart attack and different diseases
- Increases performance level
- Reduces resting heart rate
- Normalizes resting blood pressure
- Reduces stress levels
- Reduces fatigue
- Tones muscles
- Burns fat and
- Improves self-confidence.
Cautions and warnings
Before you start with exercising you must know the warnings and what to expect from it. There are specific symptoms of overworking yourself. These are:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest pains and
- Difficulty in talking.
If you experience any of the following slow down and consult your physician:
Tips to follow
To start with the cardio workout tips, you must first know that proper preparation is required for cardio training especially if you are a beginner or have been inactive for a long time.
- Make sure you get an approval from your physician if you suffer from any medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or cancer.
- Always start slowly and increase the intensity gradually to prevent overly sore muscles. Do not expect to burn all the fat in the first week itself. Know your endurance levels and increase your exercise as the endurance level grows gradually.
- You must also dress appropriately for aerobics as your body heat will increase rapidly. Layer your clothing to remove each while you get warm. Also, wear proper safety gear according to the exercise you take up to prevent any injuries.
- Drink plenty of water or Branched Chain Amino Acids before, during, and after your exercise to preserve your muscles.
Lastly, warm up adequately before exercise and stretch well after you are done.