11 Tips And Ideas On How To Lose Weight Efficiently
Weight loss is something a lot of us can achieve but we often end up putting the weight back on. So, here are 11 ways to lose it and keep it off.
1. Have a hearty, healthy breakfast. Breakfast is considered the most important meal of a day. Having a healthy breakfast not only kick starts your metabolism but also provides the body with enough calories to keep you going through the day. It also reduces the likelihood of binge eating, hence lower calorie intake. While a hearty breakfast is recommended, you need to be careful with what you have on your plate. Whole grain bread, whole grain cereals, eggs, tofu, and cooked oatmeal are some of the healthy choices you can have for breakfast. Donuts and hot pockets should however be avoided.
2. Only eat nourishing foods. Although processed fat-free, refined, or sugar-free foods may be enticing, they aren’t as satisfying as nutrient-dense organic foods. The advantage of going for nutrient-dense foods is that your body gets lots of vital nutrients needed for its well-being. They also promote physical fitness naturally. Lean meat, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains will help you keep fit while boosting energy levels naturally.
3. Have fresh fruits and vegetables in the fridge. Instead of keeping a giant packet of potato chips in the refrigerator, consider having freshly washed and cut veggies and fruits instead. This way, you can always grab a fresh fruit, or even make a vegetable salad when hungry or in a hurry.
4. Go for unsweetened beverages instead of diet soda. The widespread belief that diet soda helps with Weight loss is far-fetched. Diet drinks only inject empty calories into your body which increases your cravings for sugary snacks and fast foods. Instead of falling for this marketing gimmick, why not enjoy iced tea or carbonated water with a slice of lemon.
5. Make a healthy meal using the ‘Plate Method.’ Half fill your plate with veggies such as Brussels sprouts, mushroom, string beans, asparagus, broccoli, or leafy vegetables, then a quarter portion with whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, or corn). Fill the remaining quarter with high-quality protein such as baked fish, chicken, lean meat cuts, eggs, or even roasted chicken.
6. Go slow on carbohydrates. If possible, cut down your intake of soda, fruit juice, chips, syrups, muffins, cookies and cakes. Geoleaders.com recommend you replace them with unsalted nuts, olive oil, seeds, avocado slices, and whole grains. Even foods that seem healthy such as fruit yogurt and breakfast cereals have tons of added sugars. Low-carb cereals and fiber-rich foods are recommended to reduce your calorie intake.
7. Use smaller plates for lunch and dinner. Many of us tend to eat what’s in front of us, rather than what we need. To prevent overeating, replace all plates larger than 10″ in diameter with smaller ones, preferably 8-inch plates. You will be surprised how fast we are satisfied just by the amounts we have in our dishes.
8. Have a burger or pizza once in awhile. Following a strict diet plan can be hurting at times. Just because you want to lose weight doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy a slice of pizza or donut once in awhile. Enjoying small portions of these meals should help keep you on track, and never have cravings for the same.
9. Ask for double portion of veggies in place of rice or potatoes when eating out. This should help cut down carbohydrate intake, and also increase your supply of dietary fiber and other nutritious food materials. Only have small portions of calorie-rich foods when eating out.
10. Stock your fridge and freezer with healthy foods. As tempting as it may be, keep processed foods and fad diets away from your house. Only have these foods for treats, and never for your main meal. Doing so could hurt the entire goal of losing weight.
11. Team effort. Doing this as a team is more enjoyable and manageable as compared to doing it alone. For this reason, enlist friends and relative who might be interested in losing weight to walk with you throughout the journey.