Cooking With CBD: 7 Recipes With CBD That You Should Try
It’s not surprising that CBD oil is so popular with all of its amazing health benefits. Why wouldn’t you want to feel more relaxed and less anxious? Especially in a world that is increasingly fast-paced and stressful.
And there are more ways of taking CBD oil than to just ingest it in a pipette. So why not incorporate CBD into some fun recipes and make edibles?
In this article, we will show you 7 ways to make edibles at home in your own kitchen, with a few simple ingredients.
Your friends will be desperate for you to share the recipes, read on to find out exactly how to make these CBD treats!
- CBD Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Is there is anything more fitting than making a massive batch of delicious chocolate brownies with CBD oil? The best thing is they are so simple to make! And if you have a sweet tooth in general, why not check out edibles such as full spectrum CBD gummies?
- 1 cup of dairy-free butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 3 tbsp. of CBD oil
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a brownie dish for baking.
- Combine and mix all the ingredients in a bowl well. Spread into the baking dish evenly. Scatter the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a fudgy consistency.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
- CBD Fruit Smoothies
Great for an easy and healthy breakfast, or a post-workout snack. a CBD fruit smoothie is guaranteed to give you a super start to the day.
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp. of CBD oil
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Wizz the blender on high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour contents into a large glass and drink!
- CBD Breakfast Muesli
Another great breakfast recipe that you can prepare ahead of time and have in your cupboard for breakfast options. It should make around 10 servings.
- 3 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of sliced walnuts
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup of dried banana flakes
- 1/4 cup of dried mango
- 6 tbsp. of CBD oil
- Set the oven to 30 degrees and lightly butter two baking trays. Put all the dry ingredients apart from the fruit on the two baking trays.
- Scatter the cinnamon, salt, and CBD oil on the ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes until lightly brown.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and add the dried fruit.
- Give this a good mix, combining all the ingredients well. Transfer to an airtight container. This muesli recipe will keep for around 1 month.
- CBD Welsh Rarebit
This recipe sounds really impressive, but it’s actually just a posh version of cheese on toast. It’s also very simple to do but doesn’t at all skimp out on flavor!
- 2 tbsp. of salted butter
- 2 tbsp. of flour
- 1 tsp. of mustard
- 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of stout beer
- 3/4 cup of creme fraiche
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 3 tsp. of CBD oil
- A good pinch of seasoning
- In a medium saucepan and a low heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour.
- Whisk in the CBD oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning.
- Add in the beer and whisk until a smooth consistency.
- Pour in the creme fraiche and gently add the cheese in some handfuls, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour this over freshly toasted bread and serve immediately.
- CBD Vegan Iced Latte
If it’s hot and you need a coffee fix, look no further than this CBD iced latte recipe. People assume that you can only get iced lattes in shops but it’s so simple to do at home!
- 1 shot of espresso
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 1/2 almond milk
- 2 tsp. of CBD oil
- Make your shot of espresso with a percolator or one of the coffee pod machines. Alternately, just make a really strong shot of instant coffee.
- Add ice to a tall glass.
- Add your preferred milk and CBD oil.
- Add the shot of espresso to the glass and mix well.
- CBD Vegan Mushroom Risotto
For the more adventurous chefs, this CBD mushroom risotto recipe benefits from plenty of flavor and delicious earthy mushrooms. But with a side of CBD oil of course!
- 2 cups of risotto rice
- Half an onion
- Two garlic cloves
- 1 cup of vegetable stock or white wine
- 1 cup of dairy-free cream
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- Chop your onion and garlic and saute it in a large pan on medium heat for two minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir around for a minute, lightly toasting the rice.
- Add the stock or wine and CBD oil, turn the heat up high so it almost boils.
- When it boils, turn the heat to a simmer and cook for twenty minutes. Make sure the rice doesn’t get stuck to the pan.
- In a separate pan, cook the mushroom in the butter for 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, butter, seasoning, cream, and nutritional yeast to the rice when it has cooked.
- Stir well and taste it to check whether all the elements are cooked.
- CBD Vegan Mug Cakes
Perfect when you want a quick chocolate fix but don’t want to put any effort in. They take only 2 minutes in the microwave!
- 4 tbsp. of self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 tsp. of cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. of almond milk
- 2 tbsp. of CBD oil
- 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
- Combine all the ingredients into the mug and mix well.
- Put your mug into the center of the microwave and put it on for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high.
- Take the mug cake out and eat!
How to Make Edibles: Where Can I Find Out More?
We hope this article on how to make edibles in some delicious ways has really got your tastebuds going!
We are confident that even if you aren’t a Gordon Ramsey or a Nigella Lawson you would still be able to make these recipes with ease and gusto!
If you what to find out any further recipes, why not check out some recipe books and substitute a small amount of the wet ingredients for CBD oil?
And if you want any further topics on health and fitness, why not check out our previous blogposts?