Easy Keto Cupcakes Recipe
These easy keto cupcakes are ready in a snap! To make them, you’ll need a keto-friendly shortbread cookie mix to get the most fluffy and tender cakes. Topped with a mascarpone cheese frosting, these look like your favorite guilty pleasure — except they have only 3.6g of net carbs per cupcake.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cup Kiss My Keto – Shortbread Cookie Mix
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- Red food coloring, as desired
- 1/3 cup monk fruit + erythritol blend
- 2 small eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Sweetener, to taste
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 6-hole muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the liquid ingredients until smooth.
- Fold the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, let the cupcakes cool completely.
- In the meantime, make the frosting: beat mascarpone, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and serve.
Total Fat: 16.5g
Saturated Fat: 8.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 6.4g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
Total Sugars: 0.2g
Tips & Tricks
To equally distribute the batter among the muffin holes for same-sized cupcakes, use an ice cream scoop.
Do not overbake these cupcakes! Otherwise, they’ll end up dry and crumbly.
These can last you a couple of days stored in the fridge and for months if frozen in air-tight containers.