Five Simple Ways to Get Fit Without a Gym Membership
If you wish to do some fitness challenge, then joining a gym is probably the most obvious challenge. And although this method works for most people, it is certainly not the only path to fitness— nor is the most efficient, convenient and cost-effective solution for everyone.
I offer you 5 simple ways on how to get in great shape without hitting the gym.
- Try The Most Underrated Exercise There Is— Walking
When it comes to doing some walks for your fitness goal, the rule of thumb is to aim for 10,000 steps every day. And those 10,000 steps can burn 400 to 600 calories, which is quite the same amount someone will burn during a spin class and is double the amount of average resistance training workouts.
So, yeah, just stroll around your neighborhood with your dog and get some fresh air and you will get fitter, healthier and a LOT happier than you would be on a gym.
- It Is Quite Easy to Add Some Exercise Into Your Day
Most individuals think that exercise does not count unless it is an hour-long workout which will leave them sweaty all over. But, this is simply not the case!
Studies on exercise revealed that short bursts of exercise are more effective in reality than long, exhausting workouts in terms of increasing fitness levels and burning fat.
And this is why it can be so effective to add some quick workouts right into your day to day schedule. How you ask?
Netflix binge-watching at night? Try some core workouts in between episodes. Coffee break at work? Go for a long walk to the coffee shop.
Little exercises like this will pile up over the course of the day and once you have several movements to choose from then finding time to do them will become more feasible.
- Check Out Workouts Online— For Free
The internet continuously benefits us by giving every bit of information that we need. And workouts and exercise are never an exception.
What type of workout do you wish to try at the gym? Whether you would choose core training, cardio, dance, Pilates, resistance training, or yoga, you can find a gym alternative with just a quick search online.
Such workouts can range in length from just a few minutes to a full-length class and do not usually require any equipment.
YouTube is your friend, or you can download some apps that could help guide you to your desired training programs. There are also tons of exercises for women online to shape and tighten their vagina and improve their overall health.
- Try a DIY Boot camp
An outdoor boot camp— sounds a lot of fun, right? I mean who does not like a break from the office desk and get some fresh air with a pretty good challenge to be fit?
You can always create your very own boot camp. However, I know that it is more fun with a group. So, gather a few pals and go hit a local park with benches, trees and a lot of open spaces.
With your group, plan and agree on the duration of time that you all will spend in working out. Brainstorm different cardio and strength exercises that you can perform using what you can find around you.
And be creative!
Some examples are hill repeats, sprints to a pond and back, pushups with feet on a curb, seated squats against a tree, or triceps dips on a park bench. Whatever exercise you choose, always remember to warm up with a 5-minute walk and do some gentle stretching.
- You Do Not Need The Gym To Eat Healthy
Most individuals exercise because they wish to feel better about themselves, which often means losing weight and looking better. Although exercise is, in fact, a big part of the fitness equation, having a healthy diet is perhaps even more important.
The 80/20 rule should be applied to get in shape: 80% of your results need to come from what you eat and the remaining 20% needs to come from the type and amount of exercise that you do.
Exercise, whether you do it at home or at the gym, is a great way in order to burn calories, build muscle mass and shape a well-toned body. However, it is a healthy diet (consisting of limited sweets and processed foods and a lot of protein, fruit, and vegetables) that will really help you in getting the fitness results that you are dreaming of.
No matter what kind of shape you are in and where you live, it is not only possible to become fit at your home; it is easy and very much less expensive than a gym membership. It only boils down to how much time you are willing to invest and what kind of tools that you can use in order to make it happen.
So, do not ever let the cost of a gym membership stand in your way for a good health and beach-worthy body. With tools like the internet and apps, a healthy diet, some friends and a good pair of running shoes, then you really have no excuse.
Well, of course, if you wish to try to hit the gym, then I would recommend you to check supreme toning tower reviews.