How does CBD Oil help improve your sleep quality? Find out
There may be times when you get your bed ready, turn off the lights to sleep, but you still find it difficult to fall asleep even after lying down for a couple of hours, or there may be times when you feel tired even after sleeping the whole night. This may be a problem.
Healthcare experts state that insomnia (inability to sleep) has become a cause for concern. Data shows that:-
- 50-70 million US adults may have some form of sleep disorder.
- 37.9% acknowledged that they fell asleep unintentionally during the daytime in the preceding month.
- Rest 4.7%, reported nodding off while driving.
Many drugs and pills are available in the market to prevent insomnia, but these pills also contain side effects like constipation, indigestion, or vomiting. Every Human body responds differently to these medicines, so to reduce the risk of side effects, one can use CBD oil helps to sleep and prevents insomnia.
What are Cannabinoids and CBD?
A cannabinoid is a chemical found in cannabis plants (grows in many parts of the world) that causes drug-like effects in the human body; it includes the central nervous system and immune system. The most significant cannabinoids are “Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)” and “Cannabidiol (CBD)” out of 80-100 cannabinoids that the cannabis plants releases.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound found in the Cannabinoid plant used in products like oil and helps calm and relax the human body. The use of CBD products has increased for a few years because of their numerous health benefits. The trend of its use has emerged as a result of its effectiveness over anxiety, insomnia, and stress.
CBD Industry insights
The CBD industry is expected to hit $16 billion in the United States by the year 2025. According to a recent survey, 60% of CBD consumers have taken it for anxiety at some point in their life.
Difference between THC and CBD
Though both Delta-9 THC and CBD are effective, THC usually creates psychoactive effects, meaning it may get you “high. On the other hand, CBD will not get you high, which is why it is more preferred than THC for the treatment of several healthcare issues like chronic pain relief, cancer treatment, insomnia, and migraine.
Both the THC and CBD have the same chemical structure, i.e., 21 carbon items, 30 hydrogen atoms, and two oxygen atoms. This way they can interact with your cannabinoid receptors (part of ECS, involved in physiological processes including pain sensation, mood).
Does CBD oil help to prevent Insomnia?
Let us look at the reasons for the occurrence of insomnia and how CBD oils work.
Reasons for Insomnia: –
- Mental Health disorders, like anxiety and depression.
- Your earlier medications may disturb your sleep-wake cycle.
- Physical conditions, such as chronic restless leg syndrome (a condition that causes an uncontrollable urge to move your legs).
- Caffeine, mostly when consumed late in the daytime.
- Environmental noises, like uncomfortable surroundings, loud noises.
CBD oil for your quality sleep
Products with CBD include gummies, vapes, and capsules, but consuming CBD in a tincture form (glycerin or alcohol-based solutions to soak cannabis) has proven more effective.
- Endocannabinoid System:- Endo (means inside) + Cannabinoids (the name given to components that interact with ECS). That is how endocannabinoid, your naturally made cannabinoid, works.
- It is a system in your body that impacts everything, from pain and anxiety to immunity and gut health. It influences your mood, appetite, and even sex hormones. It is the main reason why cannabinoids and CBD work so effectively with your quality sleep.
After you consume CBD tinctures, you may find relief from stress and anxiety and also experience improved mood, better concentration, quality sleep, reduced inflammation, and an increased rate of neurogenesis (brain cell birth).
CBD Oil Side Effects:-
Before you start consuming CBD, consult with your doctor, as it may cause adverse reactions in some people. Some of the side effects to the regular use of CBD are mentioned below:-
- Changes in appetite and weight.
- Changing alertness.
- Jitteriness (conditions when you feel extremely tense and nervous)
How to use CBD Oil for quality sleep?
The consumption of CBD oil may look complicated to you if you are new to it.
- Firstly, figure out the correct CBD Oil dosage, start with a small amount, say, 20-40mg per day, and follow it for a week.
- If you still find no difference in your sleep quality, increase the amount by 5mg and do it until you start observing the results.
- CBD Oil is dropped under your tongue where it should be held for 30 seconds. There are capillaries under your tongue; holding it for 30 seconds would directly lead it to enter the bloodstream. This would show the result faster than you swallow it.
If you have insomnia, pain, or anxiety preventing you from having a quality night’s sleep, do consult your doctor before giving CBD a shot.
Though research is underway regarding the benefits of CBD consumption as it is relatively new.
With all this detailed information, you must have the solutions to your health issues (if any) and now get ready to have a quality sleep and live your happy and healthy life.