Who doesn’t love a good breakfast? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Having a good day starts with having a good meal when you wake. However, most people skip breakfasts for various reasons, including the belief that observing breakfast is merely ceremonial, but that is not true.
Breakfast helps the body regain lost nutrients that were lost during the night rest. It also gives you energy to go about your day, keeping your mind alert and focused. The importance of breakfast cannot be overemphasized, and you must always observe it. Another reason why some people skip breakfast is that they do not have the time, between waking and leaving the house, to prepare something. But all that can be taken care of with an Instant Pot.
Owning an Instant Pot makes life easier as you spend less time in the kitchen and have less kitchenware to deal with. The Instant Pot cooks food in less time, through pressure cooking, and can be used for so many cooking methods, including frying. Having an Instant Pot allows you to prepare breakfast quickly without you having to worry about the dishes later on.
As usual, cooking with an Instant Pot is quite different from when you cook with other utensils. That is why the Instant Pot recipe is slightly different, but the food always comes out better.
Today, we would be teaching some breakfast recipes you can cook with an Instant Pot. Never leave the house with an empty stomach again as these meals are quite easy to prepare and very satisfying.
1. Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Who doesn’t love oats for breakfast? You can use your Instant Pot to prepare delicious oatmeal that would be the right thing to kick start your day. With very simple ingredients and fewer processes involved, this would be your breakfast favorite in the coming weeks. Not to forget how healthy it is.
1 cup steel-cut oats
3 cups of water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons of maple syrup/honey
- First, you start by putting all the ingredients into the instant pot and mix together.
- Set the valve to “sealed” and pressure cook with high pressure for 2 minutes. It may take a longer time to get to pressure.
- When it is done, allow the pot to naturally release pressure. This may take between 15-20 mins.
- Finally, you add the maple syrup/honey, stir it all together, then serve.
2. Instant Pot Breakfast Burritos
This amazing breakfast option can be eaten at home or taken out with you, but it is advised you eat before leaving. The cooking would almost have you doing nothing as you let the Instant Pot do everything. Besides breakfast, you can try it at any time of the day or enjoy it as a snack with friends.
1/2 cup Half and Half
1/2 tsp Coarse Salt (or 1/4 tsp table salt)
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
2 Tbsp Chives, chopped
1/4 cup Onion, diced
1 cup Ham, cooked, cubed (or 3/4 cup sausage or bacon)
3/4 cup Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 cup Potatoes, diced
Flour Tortillas (any size you like for burritos)
Your favorite garnished
Before starting, do note that this would require the pot-in-pot cooking style, which means you would have to put a smaller pot or pan into the Instant Pot. For that also, you will need a trivet for the pot to sit on inside the Instant Pot.
- First, you fill the Instant Pot with water.
- Take the pan or pot you would be using to cook and spray with the cooking spray.
- Next, you take the 8 eggs and crack them into a bowl. Together with the half and half, whisk properly.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients into the egg mixture and mix together. When you’re done, pour it into the pan or pot you would be using. Tightly cover it with a foil.
- Place the pan into the pot on the trivet. Close the pot and set the steam valve to the sealed position.
- Set the pressure cooking time to 30 minutes. The pot would come to pressure in just a few minutes.
- When the timer is up, quickly release the steam from the pot by setting the steam valve to the venting position. This allows steam to escape.
- Take out the pan from the pot as you carefully remove the foil on it. Then you use a spoon to stir and break up the mixture while you take them out of the pan.
- Serve the mixture into tortillas as you like it.
Making breakfast with the Instant Pot is very easy and stress-less, meaning you should have no excuse for skipping your morning meals. Try these Instant Pot recipes as you like it.