Invisalign: A Comprehensive Guide
Invisalign is an alternative to braces and has gained a lot of popularity in today’s world. The aligners are made from clear plastic that is created as a tray. This is a removable tray that is custom made for every individual according to their mouth. The best thing about them is that they are clear, meaning nobody can notice it.
In this post, we have shed light on the things you need to know about Invisalign. Have a look!
What is Invisalign?
This is a patented technology that is effective in shifting the position of the teeth over time. Unlike braces, there is no need to use metal wires. The aligners are changed based on the treatment plan and the scope of work required. It is imperative for you to choose the right dentist for the treatment as you don’t want to worsen your condition.
Benefits of Invisalign
Here are the benefits of Invisalign.
- Comfortable- since Invisalign is made of clear and smooth plastic, it doesn’t cause any discomfort like traditional braces. There are no sharp edges or pieces that will cause discomfort. The tray is specially made for your mouth, so it fits properly.
- Appearance- the Invisalign tray is invisible, so it cannot be detected easily when you smile. This is the reason it is perfect for everyone including adults and teens.
- Time-saving- this treatment will save your precious time. This is because you will not have to visit the dentist’s office frequently. First, you have to visit the dentist, so they can take measurements. After that, it can be placed easily in your mouth. Then, you have to make a maintenance appointment every 6 weeks. It is fast and efficient procedure that can take a few months to a year to get your teeth in shape.
- Removable- a great thing about Invisalign is that it can be removed without any pain. In fact, it is advised to remove them before eating. This will even make brushing your teeth easy.
- Safe- the Invisalign is safe for all ages. Since there are no sharp edges, there is no chance of scrapes and injury.
- No Restriction- with Invisalign there is no restriction on food. You can remove the Invisalign tray and eat anything you like.
Process of Invisalign
When you visit the dentist, they will examine your teeth, take X-rays, and photographs of your teeth. they will decide whether it is suitable for you or not. Once you have consulted a dentist, you can start your treatment process.
The first is taking measurement of your teeth so a customized treatment plan can be created. The dentist will make a digital 3-D image of your teeth for mapping out the different teeth positioning phases.
After that, the Invisalign tray is developed for your teeth. Once the aligners are created, you get to put them on. The dentist will provide an extra set of aligners for changing it. It is recommended to wear the aligner every day. You can remove them when eating and brushing.
Moreover, you must get a new set of aligners every 2 weeks. A checkup after 6 weeks is suggested.
Who Is Eligible for Invisalign?
When it comes to deciding who is eligible for Invisalign, there are many factors that must be taken into account. The first to focus on is how crooked your teeth are. This procedure is capable of correcting the gaps or crowded teeth. In addition, it is capable of correcting an underbite, crossbite, and overbite. However, the severity of the damaged teeth must be kept in mind. If the teeth are too severely damaged, it might not be applicable.
Another factor that will help in determining whether you are eligible for Invisalign or not is age. For instance, in the early teenage years, the teeth are growing. This is the reason why younger patients are not eligible.
Cost of Invisalign
There are numerous factors that will contribute to the amount you have to pay for this procedure. the factors that are depends on include:
- Your location
- Prices in your city
- Time of dentist for labor
- Your oral health
- The work to be done
- How much work is covered by your insurance
On average, the procedure might cost between $3,000 to $5,000. However, the process might vary for every case. If you have very crooked teeth, it will take a lot of time to change position. So, it might cost more.
Hence, Invisalign is a great treatment for getting your teeth back in shape and having a beautiful smile.