It is one kind of autoimmune disease and a skin rash that takes the shape of a butterfly across the cheek and over the nose. You get scaly, or flaky, red spots on the skin are also known as discoid rash, you become very sensitive to the sun, and some people develop mouth sores too. Lupus attacks the body when your immune system attacks the healthy tissue in your body. People who have them in their heredity are the person who is more sensitive to this disease and triggers to attack the body.
lupusrash.org can help you with all the information that is available for lupus rash. You can check the site and learn more about lupus rash – its symptoms, when should you seek professional medical help, and how can you manage its symptoms. You can access many online resources to help you better understand what lupus rash is and how people can survive this autoimmune disease.
If not taken care of at the early stage, it may affect your joints, lungs, kidney, endocrine glands, and brain to inflammations. The symptoms you may find are quite similar to the thyroid, Lyme disease, and fibromyalgia and due to which the condition goes undiagnosed. The longer you wait to seek treatment, the more severe your lupus rash can get. When this happens, the lupus rash might likely affect other parts of your body and will require expensive treatments.
Women are more affected than men, and some percentage of this disease carrier can succumb to the disease. Though early diagnosis and treatment will help you to fight with this autoimmune disease, we also decided to share information on natural treatment available for lupus rash.
Lupus rash can affect a person in a lot of ways. Aside from significantly affecting your mental health, lupus rash can eventually reduce your productivity and ability to mingle with other people. How can you network with other people if you’re too conscious about having scaly and red skin on your cheeks? Do you think you can work well with other individuals if you know that you have a butterfly rash on your skin? Lupus rash is a cause for concern, but, thankfully, there are a lot of ways on how you can treat this condition.
Well if you go through the research that was done by Lupus Foundation of America and Lupus Research Institute, you may find natural therapy, Yoga and Ayurveda, massage therapy, use of herbs, chiropractic care, and others are beneficial for these patients. Learn more here.
The most effective natural treatments are:
- Consume an anti-inflammatory diet: You can have food like raw vegetables, organic, and unprocessed food. These foods are less exposed to toxins, pesticides, and synthetic additives, whereas fresh vegetables reduce inflammation and improve digestion. These foods are also packed with essential vitamins and minerals, allowing your skin to easily repair damaged cells and tissues from the rash. Eating these foods regularly will help you recover naturally.
- You can eat fish that are wild as they are rich in omega-three fats, which helps to reduce inflammation and pain and heart disease. A lot of people do not like the taste and texture of fish. If you’re one of them, look for recipes that use fish and some of your preferred ingredients. You can make a healthy salad that uses fish and then gradually transition to recipes that use more fish. Your creativity and resourcefulness will help you love fish more.
- Consume foods with high antioxidants like green leafy vegetables, onion, garlic, avocado, to name a few. They are rich in fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium helps repair possible damage to the joints and helps in lower fatigues.
- Physical exercise can help you to stay away from pain. It improves cardiovascular fitness, improves flexibility, lowers joint pain, reduces metabolic abnormalities, and improves the quality of life in people who are suffering through this dangerous autoimmune disease.
Lupus can make you tired, anemic and electrolyte imbalances, therefore, do not overexert yourself as your doctor recommends you to do exercise. Be slow and take rest in between for a specified period.
If this is your first time to incorporate physical activities into your daily routine, start by spending an hour walking around your neighborhood. You can also do some swimming or simple stretching exercises in the middle of the day. As long as it’s done consistently, these routines can keep your blood pumping and minimize the symptoms of lupus rash.
- Emotional and psychological stress effects in the setting of this disease or it flare up by increasing the inflammation. Systemic lupus erythematosus is one reason due to which the patient may suffer severe psychological distress and anxiety. It’s not necessary if exercise is helping someone to reduce stress it will be the same for you. You may try any of the ones like meditation, yoga, reading, jogging, praying, writing a journal, joining a support group, or meeting a therapist to help yourself to reduce stress and be happy.
- Getting enough rest and sleep. We tend to work like mad now a day; we all ignore all the signs that our body is giving us. And for people who are suffering through this condition are dealing with fatigue. To reduce the inflammation and other terms of the body, you will require a perfect night’s sleep and rest in the day time.
These are a couple of natural home remedies that can help you fight the condition and stay fit. Follow these steps, choose what suits you, and lead a happy life.