Paleo Cauliflower Recipes and Tips
The Paleo diet is a low carb diet that promotes eating unprocessed foods such as the ones that our Paleolithic ancestors would have consumed. This type of diet recommends a balance of poultry, fish, meat, vegetables, healthy oil, nuts, and some fruits. You are also advised to avoid foods like grains, legumes, and dairy. Although Paleo-inspired recipes avoid refined sugars and salt, they frequently feature healthy spices, herbs, and oils that all provide dishes with flavor.
Cauliflower is a highly versatile vegetable that is full of nutrients like vitamins K and C, low in calories, and whose flavor and texture profile make it perfect for replacing grains in numerous dishes. Cauliflower are easy to grow yourself, and you can grow cauliflower in the autumn.
Here is a quick and simple recipe for paleo cauliflower.
1. Cut the cauliflower in quarters, then slice off the stem of every section. This should result in the cauliflower crumbling into florets naturally, which are a lot easier to wash thoroughly than the whole head.
2. Place the cauliflower florets in a colander and wash them. Then let them drain dry. If your dish calls for smaller cauliflower pieces, keep chopping up the florets until they are the right size for your recipe.
3. If you are planning on eating cauliflower raw, dip the florets into a Paleo-friendly dressing like black pepper and fresh herbs, a bit of olive oil, a beet hummus made out of garlic and roasted beets, fresh herbs and Dion mustard, or mashed avocado and lemon juice.
4. You can also consider taking raw florets of cauliflower and tossing them in a bit of olive oil, along with ground cumin and freshly minced herbs if you are going to sautee or roast the cauliflower.
5. If you will be steaming the cauliflower, toss it into a mixture of minced parsley, black pepper, and lemon juice. Or you can mash up freshly steamed cauliflower with black pepper, garlic, and olive oil to eat instead of traditional mashed potatoes that are not allowed on a Paleo diet.
Items You Will Need To Have