Weight gain in people is very common, and there are several reasons why this happens. However, the most common reason is the increase in calorie intake and the lowering of physical activity. Many people even complain that though they exercise a lot, they still tend to gain weight. Here in this article, we are going to talk about these facts that cater to weight gain.
If you are one of them who is worried about your growing weight and feel self-conscious, then here are some specialists who are the best for weight loss in Houston. This is about the Fulshear Medical Associates, which have an experienced team for medical weight loss. They can help you drop that excess weight and keep away the risks of any chronic disease.
- Not getting enough sleep is one reason, which might make some biochemical changes in your body. This will indirectly make you feel hungrier and make you eat more at late night. This will indirectly lead to adding in some pounds.
- Stress is another reason for weight gain. Stress releases hormones called cortisol, which indirectly increases your appetite. In such a situation, we tend to reach out to some comfort food, which adds to your weight gain.
- Antidepressant medications also have side effects like weight gain. It has happened with people gaining weight after their treatment has started. Depression, on the other hand, can lead to an increase in weight gain. However, it is not even advisable to stop taking medications on your own. So, talk to your doctor about this problem and then make changes to your medications.
- Steroid medications can also cause weight gain due to fluid retention and an increase in your appetite. However, here it will depend on the amount of drug that is taken plus the duration. This can surely lead to a temporary increase in the fat on your face, neck, and abdomen.
- There are many drugs like the one used to treat disorders such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder or even seizures, migraines, and diabetes. If such side effects are seen, then you can ask your physician for alternative medicine.
- Hypothyroidism has many symptoms which include gaining weight, tiredness, and even feeling cold. Having low levels of thyroid hormones will slow down your metabolism, and this leads to an increase in your weight.
- Menopause can also lead to a gain in weight. This is because it slows down your metabolism and can lead to weight gain.
The best way to deal with this situation is to maintain a healthy lifestyle.