Super Yummy Wedding Anniversary Cake Recipe
A show-stopper cake for any wedding anniversary celebration. The chocolate chip cake is frosted with rich chocolate and raspberries. Super easy to make, this cake will make everyone go WOW. Let’s get down to see the recipe for this yummy cake.
- 3 and ¼ cups (405 gm) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (480 ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 cup (230 gm) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and ¾ cups (350 gm) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (135 gm) mini or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and ¼ cups (155 gm) raspberries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
Milk Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup (230 gm) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup (63 gm) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3–4 cups (360-480 gm) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 – 5 tbsp (45-75 ml) heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- Optional: chocolate chips and raspberries for decoration
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil and softly flour three 9*9*2 inch round cake baking containers. Keep it aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together in a big bowl. Put it aside. In a big bowl, dissolve the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the granulated sugar, and then add eggs, vanilla extract, and milk. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ones until the batter has no lumps. The batter will be thick and don’t overmix. Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter equally in the three prepared containers. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. When halfway through, cover the cakes with an aluminum foil to avoid excessive browning. Let the cakes cool off totally on a wire rack.
- Make the icing. Cream the butter with a hand or stand blender on medium for 3 to 4 minutes. This will make a great velvety base for the icing. Include 3 cups of confectioners’ sugar and ¾ cup of cocoa powder. Blend on low. Include 3 tbsp of heavy cream and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Taste and include salt if you like. ¼ tsp salt will be great. Include more cocoa powder if the icing isn’t chocolatey enough. You can add extra sugar or less sugar or cocoa powder according to your taste.
- To assemble the cake, first, utilizing a large blade or knife, trim the tops off the cake layers to make a level surface. Spot a cake layer on your turntable or serving plate. Uniformly spread the top with icing. Top with the second layer, additionally icing, and then the third layer. Top with icing and spread around the sides. Top with raspberries or chocolate chips for decoration if you want. Your cake is ready!
Hope you liked the wedding anniversary cake recipe. You can write Happy Anniversary on the top as well using piping nozzles. Happy baking!