The Pros and Cons of online doctor consultation
No one would want to wait in the long queues before having the chance to see a doctor in this technological age. And that is the main reason why online doctor consultation is so much in demand nowadays. The advent of the internet has also made our lives easier by the provision of healthcare services online. Most people want things to be done from the comfort of their home, and that’s the main reason why they opt for online medical consultations. There are several benefits of this service and the essential one is that it saves live 24/7. However, there are some demerit of these service as well. This content would discuss the benefit and demerit of online doctor consultation.
The pros of online Doctor consultation
1. One of the most essential benefits of online medical consultation is that it saves you a lot of time as well as energy. Whenever you visit a Doctor’s clinic, the first thing is that you will have to stand in a long queue so as to book your appointment, and once you have a prescription, you will also have to wait in order to pick up the medication. Whenever you consult a doctor online, you don’t need to wait in a long queue before booking the appointment, this saves your time, stress and make things comfortable for you.
2. Another benefit of online medical consultation is that you don’t have to worry about time and location. If there is an emergency and there is need for you to see a Doctor at midnight, you don’t need to worry because you can easily consult a Doctor online anytime because the doctors are available 24/7 for online consultation. Additionally, it does not matter whether you are at home, on vacation or office, you can easily seek medical attention from any location with the aid of online consultation.
3. Several people feel shy whenever they have to talk to the Doctor in person. For instance, many women are scared of physical diagnosis while visiting a Gynecologist. When you consult a Doctor online, there is no physical examination, and this won’t make you feel embarrassed about anything while interacting confidently with the Doctor.
4. Another benefit of online medical consultation is that you can easily choose from a wide range of doctors. The respective websites personally verify the doctors, and in case you want to confirm the diagnosis of your doctor, you will be able to do this easily with the aid of online consultation. One of the best online doctors is Doctorspring. I recommend you to check it out!
The cons of online Doctor consultation
1. One of the demerit of online medical consultation is that the doctor won’t be able to see or diagnose the patient physically. Doctors physically examine the patient so as to make a diagnosis. Some people get embarrassed by this, but Doctor can easily make accurate diagnosis with the aid of physical examination. The physical examination cannot be done on the online consultation, and this result into an inaccurate diagnosis.
2. In some cases, patients won’t be able to state the problem clearly to the Doctor. There can be a problem of miscommunication where the patient might not be able to give the accurate details of the symptoms as he or she is not aware of them. This would make it very difficult for the doctor to make a proper diagnosis.
3. With the aid of online consultation, it is very difficult to evaluate the quality of doctors. Although, website usually offer expert doctors for online consultation but it would be difficult to judge the quality of the doctors properly. This is because the website provides limited options to evaluate the quality of care as well as associations of providers. The past record of Doctors cannot be known and this makes it difficult to find the best doctor for consultation.