The furrowed brow, the inquisitive eyebrow raise, the scowl, the sun in your eyes squint… all of these everyday actions are in part to blame for the over 7 million Botox injections in 2018 alone! That’s a lot of toxins!
But why do we do this to ourselves?
Is waiting until the problem is out of hand and injecting chemicals into our face really the best treatment for forehead wrinkles?
What if we get ahead of the problem before the pricey procedures start burning holes in our wallet?!
We are going to show you some of the best treatments to help get rid of forehead wrinkles.
How Do Wrinkles Form
Whether you have forehead wrinkles at 20 or 70, it is important to take care of your skin. Sometimes with our busy schedules, it is easier said than done.
We have to remember to wear sunscreen, stay hydrated, eat the correct foods, and about a million other things.
Needless to say, life can get a little stressful.
Which in return can lead to..you guessed it; wrinkles.
But how do wrinkles and fine lines actually form?
It is all apart of the natural aging process. As we age our bodies produce less and less collagen and elastin causing the skin to become thinner and drier.
But of course, that isn’t all. Many environmental factors play a role in forehead wrinkles.
Things like pollution and harmful UV rays as well as smoking all speed up the aging process.
How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles
Whether we like it or not, chances are those pesky lines are going to show up sooner or later. So stop that squinting and let’s take a look at the 5 best methods to get rid of forehead wrinkles in no time!
There are literally hundreds of serums on the market. Finding the right one can be a challenge. Some are good for brightening skin while others tighten and moisturize.
The best serums to get those forehead wrinkles under control are those that help rebuild the collagen lost in the aging process and shield against environmental hazards like pollution and harmful UV rays.
Here are a few key ingredients to look for when buying a serum:
- Vitamin C—This nutrient is essential in the process of rebuilding collagen that has been lost due to the aging process.
- Hyaluronic Acid—This moisture-binding acid naturally occurs in our bodies already. It helps keep the skin moisturized and supple.
- Retinol/Vitamin A— This key ingredient not only slows the loss of collagen, but it also increases skins thickness and elasticity.
- Vitamin E— Having this ingredient in your serum will help your cells regenerate and it also has anti-inflammatory properties
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, uses a fine needle roller to create holes on the surface of the skin. The healing process after the procedure promotes collagen growth.
There are a variety of at home options for microneedling, but it is best practice to visit a professional to avoid infection or damage to your skin.
- Chemical Peels
Chemical peels are an acid solution that is applied to the skin. Over the course of a couple days, the skin will crust and peel away. Afterward, the new skin will be smoother and have less imperfections.
Chemical peels might sound scary, however, they’re incredibly common and they are a fast fix for fine lines and deep forehead wrinkles.
There are several types of peels and depending on the severity of your wrinkles the peel that you get will vary.
Here are a few different types of chemical peels:
- AHA(Alpha Hydroxy Acid)- The acid in these peels are generally derived from citrus fruits or fermented milk and are on the lighter side of the peel spectrum. The can treat fine lines and also brighten the skin.
- Jessner’s- This peel has been around for over 100 years. It combines AHA’s with resorcinal to remove the top 2 layers of skin, leaving behind wrinkle-free, younger-looking skin.
- Phenol- This is a deeper peel with Carbolic acids. This peel is one of the strongest and is usually only administered by a physician.
All of these peels will help you to eliminate those wrinkles in no time!
- Elevated Facials
Facials have come a long way from the basic masks we used to know. Treatments like the Oxylight facial combine LED lights and high-pressure oxygen to rejuvenate skin and help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Facials like this not only help to reduce your wrinkles but they are also super relaxing. Let’s face it, we could all use a little rest and relaxation.
- Self Care
Sometimes the best thing that you can do for your skin and simple self care.
All the treatments in the world can’t beat the ease of these home remedies. With just a few simple daily tricks you’ll be beating those forehead wrinkles in record time.
Here are a couple of tips to get you started:
- Facial yoga- this fun at home exercise can fight the negative facial expressions that cause forehead wrinkles.
- SPF- It is something that many people take for granted, but even on cloudy days you can still be exposed to harmful UV rays. Find a daily moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin.
- Stay away cigarettes- The carcinogens in cigarette smoke release an enzyme that breaks down the collagen in your skin.
Bringing It Altogether
Knowing how to get rid of forehead wrinkles will keep you ahead of the clock! Stay vigilant with your skincare routine and you will stay happy, healthy, and wrinkle free.
Check out more on our site if you would like to learn more about how to keep your skin healthy and beautiful!