Treatment of Achilles Tendon in Westfield, NJ
Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine is located in Westfield, New Jersey. To receive treatment for Achilles tendon in Westfield, call the practice or schedule an appointment online from your home or office.
About Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine
The providers at Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine use modern tech to diagnose and treat acute and chronic medical conditions. Board-certified doctors at the practice offer non-surgical, conservative, and regenerative treatments to relieve pain, heal sports injuries, and offer aesthetic options to get rid of visible signs of aging.
Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine uses superior treatments and equipment like lipogems, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, stem cell therapy, cortisone injections, bone marrow aspirate concentrate (BMAC), and the Biodex BioSway™ balance machine. The practice is a Credentialed imPACT Consultant (CIC) provider with doctors trained in the concussion training program to deliver safe and effective concussion treatment.
For patient convenience, Tenjet® and Orthovisc® injections are offered on-site under ultrasound guidance. You can integrate keto or paleo diets for weight management and chronic disease reduction through surgical and non-surgical methods.
Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine offers medical care and pain relief, focusing on each patient. The team addresses all your questions and drafts a customized treatment plan based on your diagnosis and medical history for the best results.
Treatment of Achilles Tendon at Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine
Achilles tendon issues develop gradually or suddenly in anyone that runs, walks, or plays sports frequently. You can avoid complications like complete tendon ruptures by seeking immediate medical assistance. Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine uses minimally invasive options to treat Achilles tendons.
Conditions that Can Affect Achilles Tendon
Achilles tendon is susceptible to injuries including:
- Achilles tendinosis develops from chronic Achilles tendinitis. Tendinosis causes a breakdown of the tendon, and micro-tears can appear. As a result, your Achilles tendon grows weaker and more vulnerable to complications like ruptures.
- Achilles tendinitis causes inflammation of the Achilles tendon due to repetitive movements, overuse, and direct trauma to the tendon.
- Achilles tendon rupture is a critical injury that tears your Achilles tendon when you fail to treat Achilles tendinosis or direct trauma to the tendon.
At Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine, the team determines your diagnosis following a comprehensive exam and imaging to draft you a customized treatment plan.
Signs of Achilles Tendon Injury
Signs and symptoms of tendon injury include:
- Tightness or stiffness in your calf muscles
- Tenderness, pain, or swelling in your Achilles tendon
- Bruising around the calf or heel in the case of tendon ruptures
- A lump on the back of your heel at the point where the Achilles tendon inserts
- Worse pain during high impact movements like jumping or running
- Pain in your heel when lifting your toes while running or walking
Injuries to your Achilles tendon can cause mild to severe disability or limit your ability to run, walk, or jump without pain.
Treatment of Achilles Tendon Injuries
The team reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation to enhance your tendon’s functioning. Treatment options include:
- Physical therapy
- Tenjet tenotomy
- Adipose/fat therapy
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Athletic or bracing taping
You may opt for minimally invasive procedures or surgical procedures recommended by your doctor at Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine for a quick recovery.
To treat the Achilles tendon, you can use the online booking system or call to book an appointment with Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine today.