Uplift Your Mood with These Essential Oil Diffusers
The smell of the fresh mist of grass is intoxicating. So is the smell of rain on soil. We are blessed to be surrounded by so many fragrant things all around. Just a walk in the park is enough to refresh you. Nothing can beat their soothing effect.
Essential oils through the lens of history
The ancient science of Ayurveda believes that fragrance from natural sources has antimicrobial properties. It cleanses your body and soul. That is why, natural scents, locally called attar, were extensively used in ancient times for treating physical and mental ailments. Attar is still frequently used in India. Likewise, Chinese medicine, aromatherapy is believed to balance your yin and yang. Just having a hot water bath with essential oil is enough to calm you down. VINEVIDA is one of the leading companies in USA that is best when it comes to purchasing bulk essential oils. Buying lemon essential oil in bulk is going to save you a lot of money in the long run.
Why do we need essential oils?
We live in a fast-paced world. Juggling between personal and professional responsibilities, somewhere we tend to ignore ourselves. The mental stress takes a toll on physical well-being.
Getting back to the present day when the whole world is locked indoors for over two months, it becomes important to look for alternatives. Being close to nature and its essence is important for human survival. When you cannot indulge yourself in the natural fragrance, essential oils come to rescue. Extracted from various sources like flowers, leaves, and woods, these concentrated oils have multiple benefits.
You can use them as
- A room freshener
- Add them in your bath water
- Apply on skin
- Use them in a diffuser
The aromatic fragrance of oil diffuses slowly into the atmosphere replicating the outside atmosphere.
How essential oil uplifts your mood?
A healthy human can detect over 1 trillion different fragrances. Essential oils are composed of numerous molecules. These molecules, when inhaled, affect a particular emotion center of the brain. Some stimulate the amygdala to relieve stress while some initiate the release of serotonin that makes you happy. So, it depends completely on the oil and the reaction it invokes. Most affect neurotransmitters and initiate the release of feel-good hormones. This helps in relieving stress, pain, trauma, and distress.
5 Essential oil diffusers you must try in these lockdown days
The days of lockdown don’t seem to end soon. While parks and tourist places are out of bounds, the most economical and practical way is to enjoy the essential oils. If you love their smell in the room, have a look at these 6 essential oil diffuser:
- Reed diffuser: This one is super easy to use and maintain. All you need to do is pour the essential oil into the pot, usually a ceramic pot. Place the reeds, mostly slender rattan sticks, into the pot. Now allow the oil to diffuse into the room. The rattan sticks transfer the oil from the pot into the air using the capillary action. Here, you need to keep in mind that light oils diffuse faster while heavy oils take substantial time.
So, if you are looking for instant fragrance, go for light oils like lemon oil and sweet almond oil:
- Lemon oil is known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. This will keep your home smelling good and free of germs. What else does anyone need in the times of COVID?
- Sweet almond oil has an anti-aging effect. It keeps your hair nourished and shining as well.
Using heavy oils like patchouli, sandalwood, rosemary, etc. has its benefits.
- Patchouli has antidepressant, antiseptic, fungicide, and deodorant properties
- Sandalwood oil is known to provide mental peace. It also has antiseptic and aphrodisiac properties
- Rosemary oil improves immunity and circulation
- Ceramic diffuser: If you are looking to make a small enclosed place fragrant in the minimum budget, using a ceramic diffuser is the best option. All you need to do is place a few drops of the essential on the pot and let the air do the magic. You can even make your oil mix and enjoy the unique smell.
One of the drawbacks of this diffuser is that it works in a small enclosed space only. So, the best place could be your bathroom or closet. The advantage is that you can change the fragrance every day! No need to wait for the whole liquid to evaporate. If you are battling with insomnia, just add a few drops of lavender or chamomile. Have a good night’s sleep. You can change the fragrance the next day.
- Heat diffuser: These diffusers use the heat from tea lights to diffuse the essential oil into the air. The new models do use electric bulbs for evaporation of the oil. But, we think that using a tea light is best. Excessive heat alters the molecular constitution of essential oil and may leave it ineffective.
You should ideally use heavy oils with a heat diffuser. It will take time to heat up and will diffuse slowly. Light oils may evaporate too soon without letting you enjoy it.
- Nebulizer oil diffuser: This type of diffuser uses a fan and a glass chamber to diffuse the oil into the atmosphere. A small air jet constantly blows over the oil. This leads to diffusion into the air. If you are looking for something that uses zero water and zero heat, this is your best bet.
- Ultrasonic essential oil diffuser: This is the most modern and most common essential oil diffuser. You will find it in yoga studios, massage centers, and even homes. This diffuser uses ultrasonic waves to release essential oil-laden water vapor into the air. As there is no heat involved, the properties of essential oil remain unaltered. The device is super easy to use. You just need to fill the container with water and a few drops of essential oil.
The final verdict
Essential oils are the instant and ultimate mood-lifters. In a time, when most of us are locked indoors, feeling good is important. Essential oils can be your natural mood boosters. All you need to do is invest in some diffuser. Add in some magic drops and enjoy the nature inside your home.