Wintertime usually indicates that the holiday season is coming up and you’re going to be with your family and friends to get together and party. Because you’ll be seeing a lot of people, it’s important to take care of your skin with products like Mediheal to present yourself well. You wouldn’t want to greet people that you haven’t seen in a long time with dry and flaky skin, right? Remember, makeup wouldn’t apply properly with dry skin. That’s why it’s recommended that you take good care of your skin especially during the colder months as the air can be quite drying. Check out metagenics collagenics reviews.
Below are the things that you can do to keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
- Stay Hydrated
You should try to stay hydrated as much as possible. Drink a lot of fluids and invest in a humidifier to increase the moisture of the room. Choose a humidifier that is easy to operate, doesn’t generate too much noise, and fits the size of your room or designated space.
With the cold weather, the air would naturally be dry. Having a humidifier will add moisture in the air and help prevent having dry skin. Along with this, a humidifier can also help keep your skin well-hydrated and avoid getting chapped lips.
- Use Vitamin C
There are a ton of benefits to including vitamin C in your skincare routine. Vitamin C has been known to help keep the skin healthy and plump. Even during wintertime, the use of vitamin C shouldn’t be ignored. Using a topical vitamin C may help keep your skin hydrated and youthful. Vitamin C helps in brightening your face, fading hyperpigmentation, and lightening up your dark circles.
- Moisturize Frequently
Since the air during winter is extremely dry, you should moisturize as much as possible. It’s a good idea to use moisturizing body soaps and warm water to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. After washing up, always moisturize your skin especially your hands. Applying body and hand lotion will help keep your skin hydrated even when it’s cold and dry outside.
- Use Sunscreen
You should always apply sunscreen, no matter what the weather is! If you think that wearing sunscreen should only be done during summertime, you’re mistaken. It’s even advised by dermatologists that you should apply sunscreen even if you’re just at home and have no intention of going outside.
Remember that even during cloudy days, the sun is still present and its harmful rays could still touch our skin. When choosing a sunscreen, go for a broad spectrum one that has both UVA & UVB protection to fully protect you from the sun.
- Check The Ingredients Of Your Skin Care Products
Aside from Vitamin C, when your skin is all patched up from dryness, there are other ingredients that would keep your skin hydrated. Here are the main ingredients that you should look out for when buying skincare products:
- Hyaluronic Acid – This ingredient is the holy grail for dry skin. It helps you delay the development of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is another ingredient that is widely known for its hydrating properties. It’s not just great for people suffering from dry skin, but it’s also good for those who have certain skin conditions like eczema. This ingredient can also help soothe minor burns. You can even plant these at home for easy access to hydrated skin!
- Glycerin – Another holy grail for skincare that focuses on hydration is the Gylcerin. This ingredient can also help with the heal of wounds along and repair a damaged skin barrier.
- Ceramides – While this is not a hydrating ingredient per se, ceramides help lock in the moisture of your skin so it won’t dry out. Use this during winter along with other moisturizing products to ensure that your skin stays hydrated longer.
With the dry and cold air during winter, you mustn’t overlook your skincare routine. Level up with your skincare routine and make sure you’re using products that can provide the hydration your skin needs. It’s highly recommended that you moisturize your skin frequently as extremely dry skin can cause dermatitis. This usually happens around your nose and your eyebrows. When this happens, talk to your dermatologist to see if they can recommend a good ointment for you.
No matter how time-consuming it is, moisturize day and night. Choose skincare products with ingredients that are hydrating to keep your skin healthy and plump all the time even when it’s way too cold outside. You should also drink a lot of water. Remember, hydration should also come from within.