Arthritis is the common form of disability nowadays, and cannabis is slowly emerging as an effective medical treatment for the problem.
Arthritis is of two types:
- Degenerative arthritis – Degenerative arthritis appears when the cushioning surface of the bones wears away. This causes pain, swelling, and stiffness and can lead to chronic pain. This type of arthritis is caused by aging, obesity or it could be hereditary. The severe case of this problem could result in limited or no mobility.
- Inflammatory arthritis – Inflammatory arthritis appears when the body’s immune system is very weak and cannot fight off infections and diseases. This causes joint erosion and can also damage internal organs.
Sadly there is no cure for arthritis, and pharmaceutical pain relievers have numerous harmful side effects.
This is where cannabis comes into play. This is an extremely good pain reliever and is also known to reduce inflammation and pains in patients. At earlier, it has been common knowledge that medical cannabis is a treatment for arthritis pain. But now, scientific studies are also beginning to confirm these thoughts. Moreover, cannabis can also help in treating addiction. You can easily find the ways of how cannabis help treat drug addiction.
There are two major cannabinoids, THC and CBD that help with this problem.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – THC is a bronchodilator, antispasmodic, muscle relaxant and antioxidant. Also, it is a strong anti-inflammatory and painkiller. The anti-inflammatory effect is due to its ability to bring apoptosis out of immune cells. Thus, it balances an overactive immune system.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) – CBD provides therapeutic benefits without the high. It has combined anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and neuroprotective properties that assist in the treatment of Arthritis and Alzheimer’s.
Now, let’s check out the list of best cannabis strains that can help in reducing arthritis pains.
- The Girl Scout Cookies Cannabis Strain
This strain is a Sativa dominant hybrid popularized by a San Francisco rapper, Berner. This is one of the best cannabis strains to treat pain. This strain is known for its high THC content that produces a powerful and full-body pain relief.
- The Cannatonic Cannabis Strain
This exotic marijuana hybrid is created by resin seeds. This strain is loved for its low THC content and high CBD contents, and is great for treating pain and inflammation.
Cannatonic Cannabis strain produces a short-lived yet mellow high that is both relaxing and uplifting at the same time. This is also good for treating migraines, muscle spasms, depression, and anxiety.
- The Harlequin Marijuana Strain
This sativa-dominant hybrid contains CBD and THC. It is super-effective for treating arthritis pains. However, it is one of the world’s rarest strains, and you won’t find it easily.
The best part of this is you won’t get high by smoking, which makes it perfect for elderly medical patients.
- Blue Dream Cannabis Strain
This is also a Sativa dominant hybrid and contains a high level of THC. It delivers long-lasting symptom relief without heavy sedation. However, it is recommended for experienced users. It has a mellow onset and prolonged pain relief.
It also alleviates depression and relieves stress. Also, it is a good pain reliever.
- ACDC Cannabis Strain
This strain originates from Cannatonic and is a Sativa dominant strain. The ratio of THC and CBD present is 1:20. Being such unique ratio, this strain is exceptionally rare and beneficial. Because of its low amount of THC, it acts as an immediate pain relief without the high.
This is used to relieve pain, control muscle spasms and seizures. It also relieves stress and anxiety, controls nausea and promotes sleep.
- The Pennywise Strain
Pennywise is an Indica dominant marijuana hybrid. It is a cross between Harlequin and Jack The Ripper. The bud of this plant is easy to smoke and has a hint of pine, spice and herbal notes. It has 12-15% THC and is enjoyed by most. It is also effective in relieving arthritis pain.
Pennywise can also help boost appetite, relieves stress and anxiety. It relaxes the body and helps with insomnia and cancer.
- Green Crack Cannabis Strain
This strain is a pure sativa. It is a perfect energy picker and is best used in morning and daytime.
Now, you are familiar with the benefits of Medical Cannabis. Its therapeutic benefits are significantly improving the condition of arthritis patients. You can try any of the above strain, and you are sure to get affected by the benefits of Cannabis.